- Crist and Scott camps sling mud, overlook issues August 19, 2014 Consider this: The cost of housing and transportation consume 75 percent of the income of a middle class family. These are some of the findings of Seven50, an organization comprised of public officials, civic leaders and urban planners working to provide guidelines that will lead the seven participating southeastern counties toward prosperous and viable growth ...
- ISSUES: Economic Development in SE Florida July 9, 2014 By Helen Ferre
July 2, 2014
To view the original segment click here.
Published on Jul 2, 2014
Research has shown that minorities are driving development in Southeast Florida. According to PolicyLink, a research institute advancing economic and social equity, by the year 2040, 76 percent of the region’s population is anticipated to be people of color – with ...
- South Florida Least Affordable For Housing, Studies Show June 13, 2014
By Doreen Hemlock
June 11, 2014
To view original article click here.
Residents of South Florida spend more of their income on housing than people in any other major metropolitan area, a regional planning group said Wednesday.
The finding, released by the South Florida Regional Planning Council, was one of several showing economic inequities in the tri-county area. Planners called for stronger ...
- Gardens debate: Will ‘Seven50’ effort smarten urban growth or cut local control? April 8, 2014 Seven50 is billed by regional planners as an initiative to help seven Southeast Florida counties work from a common baseline of knowledge and values in girding for climate change and population growth of the next 50 years.
- New Initiative Represents one of the First Outcomes of the Newly Released Seven50 Plan for Southeast Florida’s Prosperity April 1, 2014 South Florida and International Leaders Gather Wednesday to Sign International Agreement to Support Region’s Marine Industry and Maximize Economic Opportunities.
- Final Seven50 Summit Recap: ‘A Time to Lead’ February 5, 2014
The theme of the summit, beyond presenting the Seven50 Plan, was to explore ways to transition from planning to implementation and to determine regional initiatives and organize coalitions for the future. The summit achieved these goals by delivering an interactive experience through engaging presentations, expert-panel discussions, videos, and interactive audience polling.
The morning began with opening ...
- Mapping the future January 22, 2014 In the next 50 years some 3 million people will move to Southeast Florida, joining the 6 million already here. So what will the region look like in 2060?
- Condados del sur de la Florida miran con optimismo al futuro January 21, 2014 Después de cuatro años de trabajo, el Consejo de Planificación del Sur de la Florida ya tiene una hoja de ruta para los próximos 50 años.
- To create future, first build clout January 19, 2014 Tough issues face South Florida when it comes to transportation, insurance, sea-level rise, quality of life and more.
- Seven50 Florida Plan includes “How Can Small Buildings Help Large-Scale Planning?” January 17, 2014 Yesterday the final Seven50 Southeast Florida Prosperity Plan was presented.
- SoFla councils back 50-year real estate proposal January 17, 2014 South Florida planning councils and several other counties in the state are joining forces to compile a 50-year proposal for long-term zoning and real estate development.
- Seven50 Plan For South Florida’s Future: More Jobs, Better Transit, Climate Response January 16, 2014 Come 2060, a larger share of Southeast Florida residents will live in walkable districts linked to railroads, trolleys, bike rentals and other transport options besides cars.
- Regional Planning Councils Address Florida Growth Strategies January 16, 2014 A 50-year plan now in the works could change zoning rules and real estate development goals for the seven coastal counties stretching from Key West to the Indian River Lagoon.
- South Florida consortium issues vision, solutions for region’s future January 15, 2014 The future prosperity and livability of the seven-county Southeast Florida region could hinge on the development of commuter rail and walkable infill neighborhoods in urban centers, installation of high-tech infrastructure to spur economic growth, and an aggressive — and likely costly — adaptation to sea-level rise that would otherwise swamp low-lying communities.
- Bike path linking Key Largo to North Key Largo up for approval January 15, 2014 To view original article click here
January 15, 2014
A $3.4 million project to build nearly 12 miles of bicycle lanes from Key Largo to Ocean Reef in North Key Largo goes to the Monroe County Commission on Thursday.
Commissioners hold their regular January meeting at the Harvey Government Center on Truman Avenue in Key West, a day ...
- More jobs, better transit envisioned for South Florida January 15, 2014 Come 2060, a larger share of Southeast Florida residents will live in walkable districts linked to railroads, trolleys, bike rentals and other transport options besides cars.
- Can South Florida get it together to face the future? January 15, 2014 What will South Florida look like in the year 2060? Will barrier islands be submerged because of rising seas?
- About Jim Murley January 15, 2014 Jim Murley has spent over three decades working on public policy issues important toFlorida.
- The future’s up to us January 2, 2014 The Seven/50 project stands for the seven South Florida counties in the region working together to make the next 50 years prosperous for all while at the same time coming up with innovative solutions to solve our most challenging problems — dealing with increasing traffic by investing in more mass transit, protecting natural resources from ...
- Final Seven50 Summit: A Time to Lead December 31, 2013 Join us for the last in the series of four public summits to develop the Seven50 plan.
- Un plan de 50 años para el Sur de la Florida December 19, 2013 A 50 year plan for South Florida
- Indian River County suggests new name for Seven50 regional plan December 17, 2013 South Florida planners ought to change the Seven50 regional plan’s name now that the three Treasure Coast counties are dropping out, Indian River County commissioners said Tuesday.
- Martin County to join rest of Treasure Coast counties in withdrawing from Seven50 plan December 17, 2013 After months of protest at County Commission meetings, opponents of the Seven50 plan were pleased Tuesday when commissioners voted to opt out of the plan in February.
- Editorial: It would be shortsighted of Indian River County Commission to opt out of super regional planning initiative called Seven50 December 16, 2013 It is an ambitious undertaking: Bringing together officials, residents and volunteers from seven South Florida counties to identify key regional issues and develop a 50-year plan to address these issues.
- Miami wants pedestrian-friendly downtown December 10, 2013 Miami, where downtown for so long was a danger zone closed after dark, is trying to make the leap to great city.
- Seven50 SE Florida Prosperity Plan – Report November 26, 2013 Seven50 engaged a host of leading experts and thousands of citizens across the seven-county region of Southeast Florida to create a dynamic plan to guide decision-making as our region grows and evolves.
- Seven50 Haitian summit fostered spirit of cooperation November 21, 2013 Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis cited such issues as transportation, education, water and land use among the issues of priority.
- Interactive event brings ‘the future in focus’ November 21, 2013 Last Saturday, the Haitian American Professionals Coalition , Seven50 held an informative hands-on summit titled: “Haitian-American Summit: The Future In Focus.”
- Key West Awash With Plans For Rising Sea Level November 12, 2013 Scientists now say there may be a 3-foot rise in the world’s oceans by the end of the century.
- South Florida Faces Ominous Prospects From Rising Waters November 10, 2013 In the most dire predictions, South Florida’s delicate barrier islands, coastal communities and captivating subtropical beaches will be lost to the rising waters in as few as 100 years.
- Seven Florida counties partner to develop regional, 50-year plan November 8, 2013 As strong winds and high surf renewed concerns about coastal erosion on Tuesday, a project that would address this and other issues in coastal Florida has entered its second year.
- Editorial: Seven50 may be flawed, but it could produce useful results for Martin County November 3, 2013 Socialism has been a recurring topic of discussion at recent Martin County Commission meetings.
- Martin County Taxpayers Association: Seven50 could undermine authority of local governments in Martin County October 26, 2013 In 2009, the U.S. departments of Housing and Urban Development, Transportation, and the Environmental Protection Agency created an interagency partnership and Sustainable Communities Regional Planning Grant program that supports regions committed to work collaboratively across jurisdictional boundaries.
- Prosperity the next 50 years October 20, 2013 What will South Florida look like in 2060? That’s the question that the South Florida and Treasure Coast Regional Planning Councils are trying to answer in a joint project called Seven50 Southeast Florida Prosperity Plan.
- Hollywood Broadwalk Named One of the 10 Great Public Spaces October 7, 2013 Hollywood Broadwalk has been chosen as one of the Ten Great Public Spaces in the American Planning Association’s Great Public Spaces program for 2013.
- NBC: Park(ing) Day in West Palm Beach October 1, 2013 “Park”ing Day event transforms parking spots into places for people to interact in downtown West Palm Beach.
- TIGER 2013 Awards September 6, 2013 TIGER funds will be used to better link Southern Florida’s two major freight rail corridors to improve freight
and passenger connectivity in the region. Funds funds will also be used to support an innovative package of technology, streetscaping and transit
improvements to connect the town of Sweetwater with Florida International University (FIU).
- Residents Protest Seven50 Super Plan September 3, 2013 Residents are protesting something called the Seven50 super plan.
- Seven50 – “Topical Currents” program invites back Seven50 leaders August 22, 2013 “Topical Currents” (NPR WLRN 91.3FM) program invites back Seven50 leaders to discuss this past year’s efforts to gather input from community members, experts and involved citizens to refine the vision for the future of the region.
- Local Experts Begin Drafting Seven50 Plan For Southeast Florida’s Future August 6, 2013 Following a Successful Third Seven50 Summit, the Southeast Florida Regional Partnership Announces the Launch of Latest Initiatives to Engage the Public in the Seven50 Plan: An Interactive ‘Online Scenario Modeler,’ and a Digital ‘Leadership Assets Map’
MIAMI & PALM BEACH, FL – August 5, 2013 – Following a successful series of three public summits as well ...
- Florida Keys part of regional blueprint plan July 17, 2013 SOUTH FLORIDA — Planners putting together a comprehensive 50-year visioning plan for a healthier and more dynamic southeast Florida will hold a series of outreach meetings in theFlorida Keys beginning this week.
- Flood Fixes Vex Coastal Areas June 14, 2013 Many coastal communities in the U.S. are grappling with how best to protect low-lying areas from flooding as sea levels rise, but some of those efforts are generating disputes over costs, government regulations and the validity of climate-change studies.
- Treasure Coast RPC receives the Ken Groves Award June 6, 2013
Pasted below are the comments Anthea Giannotes made after receiving the prestigious Ken Groves Award on behalf of Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council, at the opening plenary session at CNU21 last week. The Groves Award is given to courageous public officials by CNU and the Center for Advanced Transect Studies.
After Anthea spoke, John Norquist leaned ...
- Seven50 Work Group Workshop Recap April 12, 2013 On April 10 over one hundred people attended a hands-on workshop to create the Seven50 Regional Prosperity Plan and many more attended online.
- Bicameral Task Force on Climate Change Letter April 9, 2013 We write to commend you on the formation of the Bicameral Task Force and for reaching out so broadly in search of solutions to meaningfully address global climate change. We write under the same cover, and on behalf of our region.
- Indian River planning organization sticking with Seven50 February 13, 2013 The county’s Metropolitan Planning Organization, a panel of city and county elected officials, Wednesday remained part of the Southeast Florida Regional Partnership and its “Seven50” planning effort — when a tie vote prevented the MPO from dropping out.
- ULI Meeting Takes SE Florida Into the Future February 12, 2013 Victor Dover is a man on a mission—and he laid out that mission in a creative presentation at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, FL on Thursday afternoon. His presentation was part of the Urban Land Institute’s 2013 South Florida Economic & Development Outlook Program.
- NPR WLRN: Second Summit, “A Look Ahead: Trends and Opportunities” February 12, 2013 Jason King from Dover Kohl discusses the Second Summit with NPR WLRN radio news.
- Orchid reserving judgment on Seven50 initiative February 6, 2013 The Orchid Town Council will take a wait-and-see approach to a regional economic development plan for Southeast Florida called Seven50.
- The Miami Herald: Seven50 planners: Congestion, transit and rising seas top concerns for SE Fla. January 24, 2013 The seven counties of Southeast Florida, already more populated than 35 states, will cram 3 million more people into the region in the next 50 years, planners told a summit meeting in downtown Miami on Thursday.
- WLRN: ‘Seven50’ Summit Will Plan The Half-Century For New Mega-Region: SouthEAST Florida January 24, 2013 Movers, shakers, thinkers and doers from the seven counties of Southeast Florida are meeting today in downtown Miami to forge a 50-year trajectory for the region’s economy, culture and quality of life.
- Miami Diario: Arranca la 2da cumbre del Seven50 en el MDC Wolfson campus January 24, 2013 Seven50 es una organización que pretende armar un mapa de negociación para la prosperidad económica y la mejor calidad de vida de los habitantes del Sur de la Florida.
- The Miami Herald: Miami conclave to help map the next 50 years for Southeast Florida January 24, 2013 On a Google map, the long stretch of Florida coastline from deep South Miami-Dade County to Sebastian Inlet appears a seamless mass of urban development jammed between a thin border of sand on one side and wetlands and farmland on the other.
- Diario Las Americas: Seek to integrate the South Florida January 24, 2013 A comprehensive view of how to work the seven counties located in southern Florida, overlooking the future of its residents is the purpose of the two-day summit that took place in the Wolfson campus of Miami-Dade College.
- Diario Las Americas: Buscan integrar el sur de la Florida January 24, 2013 Una mirada integral de cómo deben trabajar los sietes condados localizados al sur de la Florida, con vista al futuro de sus residentes es el propósito de la cumbre que durante dos días tuvo lugar en el recinto Wolfson de Miami-Dade College.
- South Florida’s port dominance threatened by Houston, Panama City, Duany says January 24, 2013 Renowned urban planner Andres Duany gave a keynote address Thursday at a regional planning conference in Miami where he said South Florida’s dominance as the primary hub for Caribbean commerce is being challenged by Houston and Panama City.
- Miami Diario: MDC Wolfson campus es la sede de la 2da cumbre del Seven50 January 23, 2013 En la Cumbre se busca discutir el futuro de los siete condados del sudeste de la Florida en los próximos 50 años.
- Miami Dade College in the News: Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus Hosts Seven50 Summit Jan. 23 – 24 January 22, 2013 Miami Dade College’s (MDC) Wolfson Campus will host A Look Ahead: Trends and Opportunities, the second in the series of public summits as part of Seven50, a plan for growing a more prosperous, more desirable Southeast Florida during the next 50 years and beyond.
- The South Florida Sun Sentinel: Imagining a stronger region January 22, 2013 Getting seven South Florida counties to think regionally is not an easy undertaking.
- Second Summit Draft Agenda: “A Look Ahead: Trends & Opportunities” January 21, 2013 “A Look Ahead: Trends and Opportunities” Summit agenda is now available. The Second Summit will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, January 24, at the Miami-Dade College Wolfson Campus.
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: Thumb up: Stuart commissioners agree to join Seven50 January 19, 2013 The city of Stuart will participate in Seven50 — an organization tasked with developing a comprehensive plan for economic development and quality of life for seven Southeast Florida counties, including those on the Treasure Coast.
- Treasure Coast Newspaper: Stuart commissioners join Seven50 January 14, 2013 In their first meeting of the new year, Stuart’s city commissioners vowed to start taking a longer view of the city’s future.
- Transit Miami: Don’t Turn Your Back on Planning January 14, 2013 Earlier this week, the Vero Beach City Council joined Indian River County’s decision to exclude themselves from the Southeast Florida regional plan initiative, Seven50 (Seven counties, 50 years).
- Stuart Commissioners Join Seven50 January 14, 2013 In their first meeting of the new year, Stuart’s city commissioners vowed to start taking a longer view of the city’s future.
- Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers Editorial Board: 2013 headlines we’d like to see January 13, 2013 Here’s our annual selection of serious and whimsical headlines one or more members of our editorial board suggested they’d like to see in 2013. Find more suggestions that did not make print at TCPalm.com/Opinion.
- WLYF-FM “South Florida Spotlite” Radio: Ellen Jaffe Interviews Victor Dover and Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis January 13, 2013 ‘South Florida Spotlite’ is 101.5 LITE FM’s long-running signature community affairs program, airing in two half-hour segments each Sunday morning from 5:00-6:00 a.m. ET; hosted by correspondent Ron St. John and LITE FM Community Affairs Director Ellen Jaffe.
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: Indian River governmental officials divided on Seven50 initiative January 12, 2013 A regional planning effort aimed at courting new businesses and federal grants continues to count Indian River County in its profile even after the County Commission and the Vero Beach City Council have withdrawn their support.
- Inside Vero: City Council votes to leave Seven50 regional planning project January 9, 2013 By a vote of 4-1, the Vero Beach City Council Tuesday followed the lead of the Indian River County Commission, which decided by the same margin last month to end its participation in a regional, long-term planning effort known as Seven50.
- Vero Beach Council votes to withdraw from Southeast Florida Regional Partnership January 8, 2013 The City Council Tuesday joined the County Commission in withdrawing from a long-range regional planning effort covering the southeast Florida region from Indian River County into Monroe County.
- Seven50 Summit, ‘A Look Ahead: Trends and Opportunities,’ Scheduled for January 24 at Miami-Dade College Wolfson Campus January 8, 2013 The second in the series of Seven50 public summits – “A Look Ahead: Trends and Opportunities” – will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, January 24, at the Chapman Room at Miami-Dade College’s Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami, FL, 33132.
- Commissioner Bob Solari to speak on Seven50 at Taxpayers’ Association’s luncheon January 7, 2013 The Taxpayers’ Association of Indian River County will be having an informative talk on the Seven50 initiative which will be presented by County Commissioner Bob Solari on Wednesday, January 9th at the Elks Club – 1350 26th Street, Vero Beach. The meeting starts at 11:45 a.m. and everyone is welcome to attend. Lunch will be ...
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: EDITORIAL: While seemingly bureaucratic waste, Seven50 planning project for southeast Florida may produce useful results January 6, 2013 It’s easy to argue that Seven50, a project designed to draft a comprehensive plan for economic development and quality of life for seven Southeast Florida counties — including those on the Treasure Coast — for 50 years from now is a make-work program for highly paid planning consultants.
- Inside Vero: Opinion – The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as Vero Beach braces for a modern-day monkey trial January 5, 2013 At Mayor Craig Fletcher’s request, representatives from the Seven50 regional planning group will come before the City Council next Tuesday to explain their mission and goals.
- Inside Vero: Seven50 opponents prepare for City Council meeting January 4, 2013 Wanting to hear more about the much maligned regional planning effort known as Seven50, and concerned to learn if and how the federally funded project might present a “clear and present danger” to Vero Beach and Indian River County, a group of nearly two dozen residents turned out Thursday for a public information meeting conducted ...
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: Letter: Too early to decide whether to opt out of regional planning process December 30, 2012 I went to the Seven50.org website and read the information it provided.
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: Letter: Don’t dismiss solutions like Seven50 initiative out of hand December 23, 2012 County Commissioner Bob Solari (Dec. 16, guest column) is a smart and sincere guy.
- Inside Vero: Opinion – O’Bryan offers a profile in political courage December 22, 2012 Last week a crowd of impassioned citizens opposed to Indian River County’s participation in a seven-county regional planning effort filled the Commission chambers, spoke their minds, applauded each other, and had their way.
- Indian River Today: Opinion – O’Bryan offers a profile in political courage December 22, 2012 Last week a crowd of impassioned citizens opposed to Indian River County’s participation in a seven-county regional planning effort filled the Commission chambers, spoke their minds, applauded each other, and had their way.
- Department of Transportation: Mobility Matters Newsletter December 20, 2012 The Seven50 road show and work group meetings recently concluded with more than 700 people attending to share their visions for the future of all seven counties in the region – Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, and Indian River.
- Vero News: County Commission votes to withdraw from Seven50 regional planning group December 18, 2012 Five hours into the most heavily-attended county commission meeting in years, commissioners voted 4-1 to withdraw from Seven50, a regional planning group some opponents said would spearhead a diabolical assault on property rights and freedom driven by advocates of one-world government.
- Inside Vero: Opinion – County should participate in Seven50 December 17, 2012 “Just because you’re not afraid doesn’t mean no one is out to get you,” the paranoid schizophrenic told his psychiatrist.
- Samuel J. Ferreri: Seven50: A regional conversation among South Florida governments to have a brighter future December 16, 2012 Seven50 is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for Southeast Florida to unite as a region and plan our future. Consider: Southeast Florida, one of our nation’s top five most populous regions, includes seven counties, 129 local governments, and myriad public agencies and private companies.
- Bob Solari: Seven50 super regional planning initiative does not reflect values Indian River County holds dear — low density, limited government December 16, 2012 Years ago Indian River County made a choice to become and stay a low-density county. The result of this choice, to become the low-density that we are today, is perhaps the most defining feature of our community.
- Save the Date: Second Summit, Jan. 24, 2013. December 11, 2012 SAVE THE DATE
January 24, 2013
Location: Miami-Dade College
Stay tuned for more details coming soon!
- Treasure Coast Newspapers: Indian River County residents invited to share views on regional alliance December 5, 2012 Residents of Indian River County will get another chance to tell the County Commission how they feel about a regional economic development plan for Southeast Florida called Seven50.
- PBS: Seven50 Project November 26, 2012 On November 20, 2012, Helen Ferré, host of PBS (WPBT2) public affairs program, “Issues,” interviewed Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis, SFRP project director, regarding Seven50.
- WLYF-FM “South Florida Spotlite” Radio: Ellen Jaffe Interviews Victor Dover and Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis November 11, 2012 Ellen Jaffe, host of the public affairs radio program, “South Florida Spotlight,” interviewed Marcela Camblor, Project Director, and Victor Dover, principal at Dover Kohl and partners, regarding the “Seven50 Road Show and Work Group Meetings.”
- Hometown News: Groups seek to create 50-year plan for seven counties October 19, 2012 Residents of the tri-county area will have a chance to give input to planners of an economic development plan for Southeast Florida during public workshops this month and next.
- TCPalm: Public work group sessions to help develop blueprint for southeast Florida September 24, 2012 Southeast Florida Regional Partnership, a collaboration of hundreds of public, private and civic stakeholders from southeast Florida, announced the schedule for the Seven50 Road Show and Work Group Meetings.
- WLRN: Southeast Florida Regional Partnership discusses “SEVEN50” plan for our region’s future August 28, 2012 Monday’s Topical Currents looks at the ambitious collaboration of the Southeast Florida Regional Partnership, and its “SEVEN50” plan…
- WWFR and WMFL: Radio Interview with Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis August 25, 2012
Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis is interviewed regarding Seven50 by WWFR and WMFL radio’s Jaqui Jay. WWFR and WMFL radio is part of the Family Stations ecumenical Christian radio network out of California. The network reaches Martin, St. Lucie, Glades, Hendry and Okeechobee counties on WWFR 91.7 FM and can also be heard in West Palm Beach on ...
- TC Palm: Editorial: Project Seven50 creates potential for addressing mutual concerns in Southeast Florida July 18, 2012 Treasure Coast needs to have voices heard as blueprint for region’s future is being created.
- Florida Chamber of Commerce: From The Bench: July 2012 July 13, 2012 A psychiatrist friend of mine told me that self-denial is a common mechanism to preserve sanity. A little self—denial is OK. Too much is a recipe for problems.
- Streetwise: Fort Lauderdale Intern Christopher Romano Recaps The Kick-Off Of Seven50 July 9, 2012 A lot can happen in 50 years, and that is just what the Southeast Florida Regional Partnership (SERP)—a voluntary partnership consisting of more than 200 public, private, and civic stakeholders—wanted to remind people when they hosted the first of four public summits meant to guide the creation of Seven50 (“seven counties, 50 years”).
- TCPalm: Two Martin County leaders to oversee comprehensive regional growth plan July 6, 2012 Martin County will have two community leaders on the executive committee of the Southeast Regional Partnership, which will oversee the development of a comprehensive growth plan for the southeast Florida region.
- WLYF-FM Radio: “Opening Summit: State of the Region” July 1, 2012 WLYF-FM Radio: “South Florida Spotlite” radio host, Ellen Jaffe, interviews Seven50 Project Director, Marcela Camblor-Cutsaimanis and Rutgers University’s Chair of Urban Planning and Policy, Dr. Bob Burchell, regarding the “Opening Summit: State of the Region.”
- Sun Sentinel: Big dreams for South Florida tempered by unique threats, experts say June 29, 2012 In the next few decades, Southeast Florida should offer free public wireless Internet, effortless transit and a wellspring of jobs, according to about 400 policymakers who laid out their vision Wednesday at a summit to bridge the region’s economies.
- The Miami Herald: Southeast Florida’s seven counties join to draft 50-year plan for sustainable development June 28, 2012 Hundreds of planners, public officials and members of civic and business groups gathered in Delray Beach to launch an ambitious and unprecedented effort to map out a 50-year plan for the sustainable growth of seven Southeast Florida counties.
- Palm Beach Post: 7 Southeast Florida counties plan for stronger future June 28, 2012 Dover, Kohl & Partners, is a part of the Southeast Florida Regional Partnership, a collaboration of more than 200 public, private and civic stakeholders in seven Southeast Florida counties that have committed to the Seven50 plan.
- Regional Planning Council facing full agenda despite state funds cut June 6, 2012 Despite significant state funding cuts, the South Florida Regional Planning Council is moving forward on major projects that members said will transform and define regional growth over the next 50 years.