- The County was named after the Spanish began construction of a fort on December 13, on the feast day of the Roman Catholic Saint Lucia, sometime around 1560
- Incorporated municipalities include Fort Pierce, the County seat, Port St. Lucie, and the Village of St. Lucie. Over 14 unincorporated, named places, like Hutchinson Island, and White City are part of the County
- In 2010 the County was home to 277,789 people
- St. Lucie County is over 600 square miles with 21 miles of beaches and over 10,000 acres of parks and preserves
- St. Lucie hosts the spring training home of the New York Mets and is home to PGA Village, a championship golf course.