Research and Publications
- Southeast Florida Larger Than All But 5 Metropolitan Regions In The Nation March 20, 2013 Southeast Florida and the greater Miami area became the 5th largest metro area for population in the nation according to the latest census. We’re ahead of Washington DC, Philadelphia and Houston.
- How Will We Move? Passenger Rail Update for Southeast Florida December 6, 2012 In a presentation to the Seven50 Executive Committee Kim Delaney of Treasure Coast Regional Planning described regional efforts underway to create additional passenger rail.
- South Florida: Your Global Business Connection July 23, 2012 The South Florida brand for international business: a regional collaborative project of MDC Beacon Council, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance and the Palm Beach County Business Development Board.
- Florida Chamber of Commerce: From The Bench: July 2012 July 13, 2012 A psychiatrist friend of mine told me that self-denial is a common mechanism to preserve sanity. A little self—denial is OK. Too much is a recipe for problems.
- Regional Planning Council facing full agenda despite state funds cut June 6, 2012 Despite significant state funding cuts, the South Florida Regional Planning Council is moving forward on major projects that members said will transform and define regional growth over the next 50 years.
- Broward County Launches Online Sustainability Clearinghouse June 6, 2012 Broward County has launched a new website for local governments to use for sharing best practices and advancing their local sustainability initiatives.
- America’s Metro Regions Take Center Stage June 1, 2012 Metropolitan regions are the dominant demographic and physical form, the citistates of the 21st century. They’re the critical base for the globalized economy.
- SE Florida Demographic Trends May 26, 2012 Population dynamics in all of Southeast Florida (the seven counties from Monroe in the south to Indian River in the north) are driven by:
economic growth, mobility, changes in composition and migration and increasing spatial integration.
- Transportation Challenges and Opportunities in SE Florida May 26, 2012 The Chance to Bring All the Different and Sometimes Uncoordinated Pieces of the Transportation Puzzle Together.
- Regional Vision & Blueprint by Dover Kohl May 26, 2012 Florida will grow at twice the rate as the United States as a whole and will represent 9.5% of future national population growth and 8.0% of future national employment growth. Southeast Florida will represent 31.5% of future statewide population growth and 31.7% of future statewide employment growth.
- Economic Development Briefing by Cambridge Systematics, Inc. May 26, 2012 Presentation covers current realities, global trends and opportunities and challenges for Southeast Florida.